It makes sense that in the morning our mugs hold the one thing that motivates us to get up in the morning: coffee. Later in the day though, it can hold something else just as equally delicious and energizing. We are talking about a mug cake that holds the power to motivate us to finish the day.
This Double Peanut Butter Mocha Mug Cake takes the cake (pun intended) as our favorite single-serve homemade cake recipe. (You too Salted Caramel Macchiato Mug Cake!) With extra peanut butter mixed in and yummy chocolate chips on top, this gives coffee a run for its money as our favorite way to use our mug!
Makes: 1 Serving
Prep time: 10 min.
- 1 Eat Your Coffee Bar (pick your favorite, we used Peanut Butter Mocha)
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup fat-free milk
- 3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp chocolate chips (use your favorite, we used white chocolate!)
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar.
- Cut your bar into small diced shapes.
2. Set your powdered sugar aside, and mix all other ingredients in a mug, including the diced Eat Your Coffee Bar until smooth. (The bars will still be a bit chunky, that's ok).
3. Place in the microwave at high temperature for 1 min 30 sec (do an extra 15 seconds if your batter is still gooey!)
4. Add some powdered sugar and extra chocolate chips on top to make it pretty.
Enjoy your delicious and energizing mug cake!