At Eat Your Coffee, we’re all about trying something a little “out there”. That’s why, when we heard of Ginger Ice Cream, we had no choice but to jump on the bandwagon and make our own version. It has a little spice, a little coffee, and a lot of yum.
Time: 15 Minutes prep, 1 day (to let cool and infuse)
- 2 Salted Caramel Macchiato Bars, cut up
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-inch peeled knob of ginger plus 1/4 cup grated ginger
Prep the Ice Cream:
- In a bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of coconut milk with xanthan gum to form a thick slurry, set aside.
- Heat the rest of the milk, agave syrup, vanilla, and the knob of ginger in a medium-sized pan. Bring to a near boil, mix to dissolve the agave.
- Cover and leave to infuse until cool. Remove the knob of ginger and heat again. Add the slurry and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add grated ginger.
- Let cool completely at room temperature.
If you have an ice-cream maker: Refrigerate overnight and make the next day.
If you don’t have an Ice-cream maker: Try the Salt and Ice Method OR just put the mix in a ziplock bag, get rid of the air in the bag, and freeze overnight. On the next day, break the frozen mixture into pieces and put it in the food processor. Add your Salted Caramel Macchiato Bar pieces and set in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
6. Add in your tasty morsels of the Salted Caramel Macchiato Bar for some added buzz to this snappy dessert.
In search of some more delicious, edible coffee recipes? Check out our entire blog full of coffee food and energizing ideas. We’ve got a mix of easy healthy snacks on the go, coffee snacks, vegan snacks and some filling low calorie snacks. Our vegan snack bars make a mouth-watering addition to pretty much everything, even your morning coffee. Join us in this edible coffee revolution!