You scream, we scream, let’s make some caffeinated Nice Cream. That’s right - a tasty, vegan, summer treat with a twist. The best part about it? It’s an easy recipe with a huge payoff. We start with a base of bananas… and that’s pretty much it. We made ours with the addition of Maple Peanut Brittle, but you can get as creative as you’d like. Nice Cream is especially fun to make with kids, but honestly, we adults are pretty crazy about it, too.
Eat Your Coffee Bars make the perfect ice cream companion. They don’t freeze solid when placed in your frozen ice cream. Because the bars are date-based, they stay sweet and soft even in cold temperatures.
- 1-2 Eat Your Coffee Bars
- 4 ripe bananas
Maple Peanut Brittle
- ½ cup shelled peanuts
- 2-4 tbsp pure maple syrup
Maple Peanut Brittle:
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place peanuts in the middle of the tray, scattered. Pour the maple syrup over the peanuts.
- Place into the oven for about 10 minutes. Once the edges of the brittle start to brown, take out of the oven and allow to cool. While this cools, it will get crisp. (This part will make your home smell better than a coconut wax, essential oil-infused, non-GMO candle)
- Peel and slice the 4 bananas. Place slices evenly on parchment paper and leave uncovered in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Place the frozen banana slices in a food processor and process until smooth (about 5 minutes). The mixture will start out a bit crumbly, but as it defrosts and blends, it will start to become smooth and creamy.
Top your Nice Cream with some Eat Your Coffee Bar pieces and the fresh Peanut Brittle. Serve right away!
Hint: You can also store this in a freezer-friendly container. Just let it thaw for 5 minutes before scooping.
We think bananas are sweet enough as is, but add a little extra maple syrup to satisfy your sweet tooth even more and get creative by adding things such as cacao powder, coffee powder, cinnamon, etc.
____Recipe development, photography, and writing by Meghan Kotz