A classic confectionery with an Eat Your Coffee twist that will make you go BANANAS. We decided to take one of our favorite uses for a high potassium fruit, Banana Bread, and turn it into an energizing, vegan treat. What’s better than caffeinated banana bread? Trick question. Nothing. Not even whatever banana bread your grandma used to make! Gift this to your new teacher at the start of the school year to win them over and you’ll be set for the semester, or make it for yourself and fuel your way through the new school year.
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp coffee extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 Eat Your Coffee Bar cut into 16 small pieces
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar, for topping (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together ground flax and water. Let it sit in the fridge for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon. Stir with a fork until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl mash the ripe bananas to a puree. Then add in vanilla extract, melted coconut oil, non-dairy milk, coconut sugar, and the thickened flax mixture. Stir together until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and gently fold together until just combined, careful not to over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips and Eat Your Coffee bits.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8 x 4″ bread pan greased with a small pea size amount of coconut oil. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp coconut sugar on the top (optional).
- Bake at 375°F for 50-55 mins. Stick a long skewer or toothpick in the center to check if it’s done. It should come out relatively clean. Allow the banana bread to cool out of the pan on a rack before cutting into slices and devouring or wrapping up for future enjoyment.
Ps. drizzle some syrup over this bread for some extra yum.
In search of some more tasty, edible coffee recipes? Check out our entire blog full of coffee food and energizing recipe ideas. You'll find easy healthy snacks on the go, coffee snacks, vegan snacks and some delicious and filling low calorie snacks. Our vegan snack bars make a mouth-watering addition to pretty much everything, even your morning coffee. Let's take on this edible coffee revolution!