“Tiramisu” comes from the Venetian language and literally means “pick-me-up”. We love Tiramisu because it is traditionally coffee-flavored and straight-up delicious. It was certainly ahead of its time when it comes to coffee food (all praise Tiramisu).
So, we decided to come up with a fruity, vegan tiramisu that is sure to kick your dessert-game right in the butt and keep you energized, of course.
Note: This dessert freezes well. Just defrost 1-2 hours before eating.
For the base:
- 2 Fudgy Mocha Latte Eat Your Coffee Bars, cut into small bits
- ¼ cup of almonds
For the "mascarpone" layer:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for about 2 hours
- 1/4 cup very thick coconut milk (full fat)
- 8 strawberries
For the strawberry sauce:
- 1/2 cup strawberries
For the topping:
- Dark Chocolate
- First, make the strawberry sauce. Blend 1/2 cup of strawberries until they form a creamy sauce and set aside.
- Make the base. Blend the almonds and Eat Your Coffee Bar together in a food processor. It should be sticky but still, have some crunch. Divide the mixture evenly into two dessert glasses, pressing it into the bottom of the glass using your fingers.
- Next is the "mascarpone" layer. Put the cashews and the coconut milk in a blender and process until smooth. Then put about half of it on the base (this will be the white layer). Freeze the glasses for about 15 minutes (maybe a bit longer if you want the layers to be more accurate).
- Then add the strawberries and blend again for a minute until the mixture becomes lightly pinkish purple. First, put a thin layer of strawberry sauce on the first "mascarpone"/ cashew layer and freeze again for another 15 minutes. Then add the second, pink layer.
- Top it off with some cacao, some dark chocolate, strawberries, and blueberries. Enjoy!