We don't need an excuse to make an amazing treat... but it's National Peanut Butter Lover's Day and therefore, as peanut butter lovers, it feels like an appropriate time to "spread" (pun intended) this recipe.
Be prepared to go nuts over these Caffeinated Peanut Butter Cups - a quick and easy way to energize your office, a study session or whomever you share your nutty treats with.
Makes: 12 pieces
Prep time: 15 min.
- 3 Eat Your Coffee Bars (pick your favorite, we used Salted Caramel Macchiato)
- 1 1/8 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 chocolate bar (we used milk chocolate)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cut each bar into 4 pieces (you will then have 12 smaller pieces).
- Roll each piece into a 1-inch ball and press into the bottom of the cupcake liners. (Tip: You can do this with your hands similar to how you would make meatballs.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, add heavy cream and use an electric mixer on high speed until firm peaks form. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl, beat peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. (Tip: you can add 1 cup of confectioners' sugar if you like extra sweetness)
- Mix in the whipped heavy cream from step 3 and blend together with a spatula.
- Fill the Peanut Butter Cream into cupcake liners to the top and freeze for at least one hour.
Time for the topping!
- Add heavy cream to a melted chocolate bar. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the peanut butter cups.
- Drizzle melted peanut butter over the top and sprinkle with salted peanuts.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving. (Tip: The Peanut Butter Cups soften fast, so let them hang out in the fridge til' you're ready to serve them.)
If you like this recipe, you might also like...