I bet you have all heard the magic word "Omega-3" before, but what does it mean? Basically, Omega-3 are fatty acids that have been linked to mental health, cardiovascular health, and memory benefits! You can find these fatty acids in lots of foods, but one of its top players happens to be walnuts.
We decided to see what would happen when we combined the two powerhouses of walnuts and Eat Your Coffee Bars together. The results? A tasty snack that is not only satisfying and energizing, but packs health benefits from both the omega-3 fatty acids found in the walnuts and the caffeine in our bars!
Make these small and easy to carry snacks for your next adventure to keep you going all day long!
Makes: 12 Servings
Prep time: 15 min.
- 2 Eat Your Coffee Bars (pick your favorite, we used Fudgy Mocha Latte)
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 1 cup of loose granola (use your favorite!)
- Cut each bar into 6 pieces (you will then have 12 smaller pieces).
- Put walnuts into a food processor until they are a mix of both creamy and chunky. Place mixture into a bowl.
- Place the 12 pieces of Eat Your Coffee Bar into the bowl and mix around with walnuts. then roll each piece into a ball. (Tip: You can do this with your hands similar to how you would make meatballs.) This could get messy, so you might want to rinse your hands after!
4. Take the 12 balls and press your granola into each side. This can also be messy, but delicious for sure!
Snack, Energize, Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you might also like...